Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
There was a terrible wreck about a mile up ahead, and we sat around with a bunch of car neighbors. There was nothing else to do, so we....
...watched some football games and kids playing...
...watched the south side of the interstate get to move...
...and Morgan and I had a "fiesta".
Oh, and Chris went to use the "facilities" and came back with a huge snapping turtle!
Chris was such a trooper and drove to and from Florida... and he's behind the camera a lot instead of in front of it. He's such a good dad.
Basically anything that kept little Bella happy. She is crawling now, so she's just wanting to move. So we passed her around in the car, listend to AM 750 for updates, walked around in the heat.... then at 7:18, we finally moved!
Wow, who knew that was going to happen! Praise the Lord we weren't in that wreck, but wow... that detour made for some memories!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
So, Thursday night we went to meet up with Morgan, Kary, Kevin, Kole and Klaire for seafood at Captain Anderson's. They had all been staying in Panama this week (along with the Meader's) for vacation. They were leaving after dinner, so Morgan came back with us! Fun!
And she took the best pic of the trip, we think! A family photo!
At the beach today:
Wiped out before dinner:
Dinner at The Red Bar, Grayton Beach
Thursday, June 26, 2008
The only snag thus far has been that we left ATL at 9:00pm. Bella slept the entire way, but when we arrived in Seaside sometime in the middle of the night, Bella decided that she was well-rested, and wanted to play. Our first morning was a bit rough.
Enough writing. Time for a few pics. Enjoy.
The beach is nice early in the morning. Note the lack of humans. I never would have known what a beach looked like at 7:00am without Bella.
Bella and her gorgeous Mommy:
Bella and her Popz.
More to come...
Monday, June 23, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
I grabbed the camera and started shooting. I'm loving taking pictures, and I have two amazing subjects. Here are a few of the pics we snapped that day.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Monday, June 16, 2008
He's the man. Or "da man" as he says.
AKA GDaddy now as well.
(I stole this from mom's post!)
Being a parent now, I have a better understanding of how he loved all 4 of us, how he raised us, and how much we are alike. He taught me about money, despised lying, taught me about respect, and did Dad things like removing my splinters and throwing me in the pool. Oh, and he taught me to drive. Oh geez. That was a feat in itself. And one of the best things is that he and mom taught me to laugh at myself and enjoy life!
Some other funny stories:
1. In highschool, he didn't notice until a year after the fact that I had an extra piercing in my ear at the top. He turned to me in the car and said, "Where did that come from? Where are your morals? Where are your values?" I told them they were the same as they were a year ago. So that line has been a favorite in our family since then! "Where are your morals?" You can imagine that I was scared to tell him about the belly piercing...
2. Dad is really scared of Black Bears. This cracks me up since we've seen about 1 EVER. haaaaaa!
3. He opens his mouth when he is concentrating - writing, thinking, playing tennis, etc. And I seem to have inherited this.
4. He gets teary-eyed easily. I love you dad.
5. He cooks like a mad man. His BBQ is awesome. He would make me an egg sandwich for breakfast any day I asked him to.
6. His favorite dept in a store is the kitchen accessories. I love it.
7. He always provided for us. I never thought we didn't have enough and never went without.
8. He loves games (or at least played millions of them with us!). Card games, board games, horseshoes, tennis, hearts (haha). I LOVE GAMES.
9. He's a corn ball.
10. He loves my mom and does it well.
11. He has big, hardworking man hands.
12. He loves his family.
I mean, really, how does one thank a parent enough? These are all things that I love about my dad, but I realize so much of him went into parenting us. More than I could ever thank him for.
I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Even though it's Father's Day, I want to celebrate my girls. They make life worth living...and I can't wait to get home everyday, hug Katie, and then rush into Bella's room for an unconscious kiss and a quiet whisering of: "I love you, Bella."
Katie, thanks for carrying Bella so well; she's healthy, beautiful, and remarkably just like you. Thanks for the Spa Sydell gift certificate (don't fault a brotha for loving massages), the amazing framed picture of Bella, and for coordinating breakfast this morning.
Me love you very long time.
Bella and I love you so much. Thanks for being such a great dad. I love watching you love Bella. I also love seeing so much of you in her! The last 8 months have been my favorite yet. We don't know what we'd do without you, Daddy! I hope you have a great day and know how much we appreciate you!