Monday, December 22, 2008

A few things I want to remember...

...every night I reflect on how Bella is growing up so fast. I just have loved every baby stage, and every night Chris and I sigh and say "We don't want her to get any bigger!"
There are a few things I want to remember about what's she's doing at this stage: (this is more for me to look back on and remember :) )
*Eating applesauce with a spoon
*Sitting at her little picnic table in the kitchen
*Waving when I'm putting coat on then raising her arms to say "Pick me up, I want to go"
*Love my Crocs - she takes them off of me and put them on her little feet
*"Ride a little horsey, don't fall ____" and she says "Down!"
*What's a doggie say? And she doesn't bark, she pants. It's awesome.
*Dancing to any music, even my singing
*Gives long, great hugs, and pats us on the back with the hug. So sweet!
*Holding the phone up to her ear when playing. When someone is actually on the other line and you want her to say something, she goes mute.
*Getting more difficult to take to the grocery store/Target. Doesn't want to sit down. Almost had our first meltdown today.
*Nice blowout in the diaper at 3:30 this morning. That was a first, too, since she was little bitty.
*Cabinets and Tupperware are her favorite toys
*Still not a huge interest in walking much by herself

See, I told you that was mostly for me. I could just sit and watch her all day and how her mind works. Being a mom has brought me so much joy.

4 comments:

Katie said...

love that picture of the two of you. totally can relate about growing up too fast... my parents are in town and i just said that to my mom last night! so glad we know y'all.. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love the panting. She is very intelligent and I appreciate the quirks. Good job parents.

Nana Julie said...

Don't worry....you will always remember. Love to Bella & her sweet mom. And Dad too! And my word verification is poopu!

Emerson and Brooks said...

Hey Katie- Thanks for your cute Christmas card! Bella is growing up so fast. I think it is so sweet how you documented things to remember about this Christmas. Being a mom is the neatest thing I have ever done and I just love it. I am about to cry just typing this! You have a special daughter-she is a doll baby! Miss you- Kim