Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 37 weeks (Full Term!)

We are here - Full Term - wow.


Baby is the size of: She's probably still under 5 lbs, but she doesn't feel like it! :) 

Symptoms: Feet and hands are a bit swollen. Not as bad since it's not really hot out, but when I finally get around to shaving my legs (ha!) I can tell my feet are swollen. And I haven't been wearing my rings for a few weeks because I was scared they'd get stuck.

Maternity clothes? Kristy had given me a couple of boxes a while back, and I never went through one of them. I remembered and it was like Christmas morning! A couple more shirts to add to the wardrobe for a few weeks. :) 

Sleep: Sleeping well. 

Fun moment(s) this past week: The girls spent the night at GG's this weekend and Chris and I celebrated/relaxed for his b'day. At Spa Sydell, I got a facial (thanks again, friends!!) while I got Chris a  massage for his birthday. We then Christmas shopped a bit and then hung out with friends in Athens to watch the game. UGA was doing so well... I literally laid in a recliner the whole game (even snoozed in the 4Q). We were probably lame guests, but it was so nice to just sit and relax! :)

Movement: Still lots. Her feet are on my right side and I feel her heels quite often. She must be using my bladder as a punching bag. I'll take it!

Food cravings: Anything I don't have to fix. haha! I'm tired of my own cooking. In a rut still with meals. 

Gender & Name: Hallie. I'd like to decide on a middle name this week so we can monogram stuff. 

What I am looking forward to: Hmmmm... not sure. I am honestly ready for Dec 19 to get here (as ready as I'll ever be). But not ready for her to come early, so stay put, sweet Hallie! I am ready for the torturous waiting to be over. I don't necessarily want to rush through the next two weeks, but yeah... I'm ready. 

Reflections on the past week: This is always the last category I fill out. Because where do I even start? The last 2 days have been good. Tonight, our most recent small group came over to love on us - brought meals and prayed over us. We felt so loved! I love my church and small groups. Our small group (before the last) is also just awesome. I love that we have so many friends through these groups.

I am so thankful for all of the prayers from everyone - just the nice thoughts, emails, hugs. I've said it before, but it's overwhelming; in a good way! I am just amazed at the generosity of friends, co-workers, family, etc - past and present. Thank you!! I am sorry if I am (really) slow to respond to emails. I promise I read them all, and I'm keeping all my cards. 

Last week as a whole - I was honestly just blah - sad, anxious. Thankfully just at night and I've (mostly) been able to hold it together during the day and let it out at night :) I cried for the first time through my doctor's appointment. I was trying so hard to hold it together, but couldn't. It's not something I really shared with anyone, because I actually have forgotten until now. It is just happening more now. I'm trying to remind myself that it's OK. I'm just not a public crier! But there is nowhere for the emotion to go but out now! We are two weeks away from meeting our daughter. Emotions are high and I'm wearing them on my sleeve.

I know yall think I'm strong, but I'm not. Promise you that. I think when you go through something like this, you realize you still have to function. You are still needed by others. And in all the sadness & sorrow, you realize you need more than to rely on yourself. There is nothing that can make this all better; no one who can fix this in the way we'd like to here in this world. 
But I know a few things. 
1) Christ's strength is made perfect in my weakness.
2) Hallie is perfect, made perfectly in His image. I'm proud of her. I love her.
3) If we get 5 minutes or 50 years with Hallie, God will still get the glory for her life. 
4) I won't regret a minute of this. Ever.

I hope yall know I share all of this to hopefully help people going through similar things, and just as a witness to God's goodness in the midst of suffering. I don't share everything (mostly because it's hard and you'd probably worry about my sanity), but I also love sharing as much as I can about Hallie and how her life has affected me. She has changed us! 

Prayer requests:
Little "Quinn-Bean" passed away Friday. Continue to pray for Meghan and Steve. This is my fourth friend with whom I've walked this path (whether online or in person), and the fourth little angel that passed. It is so sad, but yet they each have been such a light to me... knowing they were thankful for moments they got with their little girls, or just knowing God was with them when they chose to carry these precious gifts. Meghan and Steve were given 5 days with Quinn, and she said they are so thankful. Is that not a God thing? You know, that we can be so torn up inside going through this, then truly thankful for the moments we are given. I am thankful for Meghan, Miranda, Kalee, Devany and Kara, and watching each of them. 

And thanks for praying for us. We pray Hallie stays put for the Dec 19 date, because that's what I am ready for in my head- not earlier. Because you know I won't pack before Dec 17-18. ha. And we pray for our families, as we know they are double-affected by Hallie -- worried about her and worried about us.

Here is the video from church where we were able to share a bit about our story. 

10 comments:

Nana Julie said...

This journey has changed all of us...and God's love has been carrying us & will continue to bless us. Love you. And can't wait to meet sweet Hallie.

elizabeth said...

You said you wanted to pick a middle name for Hallie.
May I make a suggestion?
Pick a name with meaning. Don't lean towards flow and what's popular(I doubt you'd do this anyway) but something that is deep and meaningful.
Maybe something that means "gift" or "warrior" or "God's love" or something- you know?
I'll continue praying for you.
God hold you.

Kalee said...

I am thankful for you too Katie!! I am not a public crier either so I completely understand about that one. I have struggled with that a lot. Still praying for you!!!

Susan Morris said...

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. We don't talk often but I think about you a lot. My prayers are with you.

katie said...

Katie,
I think about yall every day and I want you to know how much I love and admire you and Chris. You have more strength and faith than anyone I know and I learn from you with every post. Please know that even though we only see each other at family get togethers yall are constantly in my prayers!!
Love yall!
Katie

Julie Tiemann said...

My heart hurts so deeply for you, Katie. I'm so grateful we have Jesus. Always praying... And I still think you're a rock star of strength. ;)

The Watsons said...

The video is such a beautiful depiction of your grace and strength, qualities you've had since our cheerleading days. You have an amazing purpose in all of this, as does Hallie. This is going to be a dynamic story, a story that God will write for His glory. I'm praying that that little bundle of baby stays cozy and warm for a couple of more weeks and that you will have ample time to show her how much you love her. Blessings to you and Chris and your girls always!

Joanie said...

Hi! Sorry you don't know me. I saw a post that you had written on baby center and saw your link to your blog. I had a baby with Trisomy 13 last year. His name was Samuel. I carried him full term and he lived for 5 hours. It was a difficult time in my life but I loved Samuel so much and my 5 hours with him was worth my 9 months carrying him. I've read some of your blog and will continue to read more. I am always still finding out new things about trisomy 13 and finding more moms that have gone or are going through the same thing. I wrote about my experience on a blog as well but have not updated it for awhile. my blog is www.joanieandjake.blogspot.com if you would like to read it. I have such a soft spot in my heart for moms and families that go through this. I hope and pray everything goes well with you and Hallie. Cherish every second you have with her! And don't forget to have someone there to take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you. You are a witness through this blog to the world. The world. You have chosen life and said yes just as Mary said yes and gave birth to our King. She was nervous I'm sure. Be Not Afraid - He says - I go before you until the end of time. Know that the choirs of heavenly angels will be in the delivery room carrying all the prayers from all around the world who are praying!

Jill said...

Beautiful post...I am in tears reading it and in awe watching your story unfold from afar. I've also been clicking on the links of the others and following these precious families as well. Thanks for reminding me that every day, every moment, is a beautiful gift. Your Hallie is a precious miracle used by God in BIG ways.