Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 36 weeks (9 months!)

Baby is the size of: Had an ultrasound today! Hallie is measuring around 32 weeks - about 4 lbs 5 oz. So she hasn't gained much (7 oz) in two weeks... but she is still growing.

Symptoms: Carrying a bowling ball around. Bending with it, carrying kids with it, and trying to sleep with it is quite funny and uncomfortable. :)

Maternity clothes? Can't I just wear PJs the rest of this pregnancy??

Sleep: Same. Love it, should go to bed earlier but that's the story of my life, and I sleep well once I'm asleep.

Fun moment(s) this past week: Thanksgiving was relaxed and fun. We were able to enjoy both sides of our awesome families. Thanksgiving made me think of my Grandmom and how I miss ol' Wewahitchka Thanksgiving days... but I made her fruit salad and it was so yummy.

Movement: She's still moving a good bit. Likes to work on her stretches. She's head down, feet kicking me in the right side (we feel heels often), and a little bum under my ribs. 

Food cravings: No huge cravings. Bella and I killed some fruit salad over thanksgiving, though.

Gender & Name: Hallie

Belly Button in or out? I think it's officially out. 

What I am looking forward to: Chris' birthday is this weekend. We don't have set plans yet, but I look forward to hanging with him. Probably includes watching the UGA game somewhere. (Have I mentioned that we don't have cable since we moved back in March?!? It has been great until football season!!)

I'm also meeting the OB Friday that will deliver me on the 19th. I'll get 2 appts in with her before the 19th, so that is good.

Reflections on the past week: This roller coaster is getting longer and more bumpy. I am thankful for the good days/hours, for family, for my fun girls, my husband, and for the enormous help and prayers from friends. Your encouragement (coming in various forms) does not go unnoticed and helps me so much. 

I have so many thoughts I would love to write. Maybe I will get to it one day. I had a few hard days this past week. Then Saturday night I read a couple more chapters in "I Will Carry You" and I feel like she is writing exactly how I feel. It was encouraging and a reminder that God is with me. And that although I would change this outcome in a milisecond and I plead with God to heal our daughter or give us time with her, God will still be glorified in all of this. Through Hallie.

I was also honored to share my story with our church (via a video - no public speaking for this girl!!) this past week. It was hard to talk and tell Hallie's story, and kinda funny to see my face up on a screen, but it was also freeing to talk about. If it goes up online, I'll post a link. :)

Prayer requests: 
First, you can pray for Meghan and Steve. They had their daughter Quinn today (also having Trisomy 13) and she made it through labor like a champ. She's in the NICU now and I pray they get so much time with her!!

Just prayers. I'm trying not to panic and let fear and anxiety of the unknown take over. I can feel it, almost rushing up my throat in the most random times. It is really hard not to focus on the future, and I know that I do better if I just focus on the here and now. One day at a time. But there is also so much to prepare for. Chris and I are going to try and be as "ready as we can" by the end of the week - nesting, cleaning, making packing lists, etc.

Now off to sleep....

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Bless your heart, sweetie! I will be praying for you and your sweet family! You are an incredible child of God and He has everything under control, so try not to worry. I know it must be so difficult not knowing what's going to happen. But you will know soon enough, so try to relax and enjoy the last few weeks with her tucked safely under your heart. Good luck to you, Katie!

Tara said...

Katie, I have been following like a crazy person. I am praying so hard for you guys, and for Hallie. I wish I had something wise to say but I don't. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am inspired by your grace. I think everyone is.

Jill said...

I didn't sleep good last night and I tell you every time I woke up God put YOU on my heart. Praying for you...

Emily said...

continuing to lift you up in prayer!!!! so many people are praying for you all and i have such a good feeling that you'll get to have some wonderful quality time with hallie! i mean look at how many odds she's already beaten!!!! :)

Laura Hayes said...

Your girls are just beautiful and their personality shines in each photo. I read your blog faithfully and pray for your family - here and now - and everyday.

Laurie Welborn said...

Katie, you should write a book. You have so eloquently put your thoughts into words. Todd and I think of you guys all of the time and pray for you all of the time. Olivia asks often to watch the video of the girls and Chris eating corn and she just cackles! You have such a beautiful family and such an amazing heart. Much love,
Laurie, Todd, and Olivia

Kalee said...

I just bought "I Will Carry You" a few days ago and plan to start it soon! Still praying for you!!!

Luisa Rodríguez said...

hey, i've been watching northpoint and buckhead church messages online for a while and i absolutely love them!

so now you must know how i got here :P they mentioned you had a blog and here i am!

i'm praying for you guys; girl, you're a rock star!!


It Must Be (So)... Liberating

elizabeth said...

i agree about "i will carry you"
so tough to read at times but so good and healing to read my thoughts from another person. i find that in your blog alot! it's somewhat comforting to know that my thoughts are normal.
living in the moment and not worrying over the future is hard. is used to do this mental practice where if i got too focused on the future i would sit and think about 5 things i could hear right then, and then 5 things i could feel right then, and then 5 things i could smell, and so forth. it really got me to dig deep into the present.
as always, be very assured of my prayers.

KatAp said...

Katie, I just got on the Browns Bridge website to watch your video. How beautiful. And how courageous you are! I am praying for you and sweet Hallie.

Kathryn Apinis