Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Question #4:

How do you intend to make your family (Bella, Chris) as fun as your family?

Ok, how do you not turn out to be fun with a Granddad like this?
That video is from my cousin Kellyn's wedding Oct 6th, 2007 (3 days before I started having contractions, and 5 days before Bella was born!) I think the dancing helped!! His dancing really starts around :23 seconds. He's dancing with his sister, Bobbie, and my mom had to move them away from the cake in fear it would be knocked over! The rest of the video is boring, but this is my granddad 24/7.

To get back to the question, I think it will just happen! We have fun together and have a strong network of Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc. that love each other and have fun together!

I don't know how to "make" myself be a fun mom like I grew up with, but I do appreciate having one. Maybe by letting Bella (and future kids) camp in the backyard during the summer, letting them stay up to watch Saturday Night Live sometimes, and taking yearly Christmas card pictures (even if by force), I'll have a chance.

One thing Chris and I do want to do as a family is travel! And I don't mean that in a romantic way like, "We want to travel the world," but as in just trying new things and places together. Some of my greatest memories growing up are traveling with my family - in a Winnebago out west for three weeks is a favorite, skiing out west, Ft. Walton and Key West.

I want to create a home that is welcoming to all of our kid's friends and a fun place to hang out at but also a place where our kids know Family Comes First!

2 comments:

Nana Julie said...

Yes, I was worried he was going to take out the cake and everyone one knows how I am about the wedding cake! Life should be fun and you and Chris have the 3 most important ingredients - God in your hearts, Love for each other & Bella!

morgan collins said...

nice preggo dancing skills!