Monday, December 29, 2008

A little more Christmas

My favorite part of this Christmas was having Bella take off and walk all over the place!!

...but to continue our Christmas celebration post...

So, to summarize, we started Ganny's house (Chris' grandmother) for her annual Christmas Eve lunch. The house is always full and you hear tons of laughter. We ate a lot and then headed to Buckhead Church's 1st Christmas Eve service. It was great! The plan was to keep Bella occupied by passing her down the long row of family. It worked for a while. Then she stood on my lap and danced to the music. I think she's either going to be a goof like mom and dance to whatever or a music genius like her dad. What ever the case, she is dancing to just about everything now - cartoons, toys, iTunes, our claps, and even dancing with her hands when she walks. ANYWAY - after she was bored and started talking in the service, I took her out in the lobby where we found a bunch of other kids (no nursery service). We hung out with our small group friends Jill and son Connell.
We then had dinner with my family. Dad's cooking is always off the chain. Prime Rib, yum!
From Christmas 2008
It as well as breakfast was filled with a lot of "that's what she said" jokes and Chris' sound effects on his phone.
We then went to the Green's to open gifts.
From Christmas 2008
Kids are fun to buy for; especially little girls and their cute clothes. And you know - Bella loves boxes!
We then went to my grandmother's for a great dinner and fun Gingerbread House decorating contest. We had new attenders this year - both of my brothers' girlfriends. They are great! Melissa and Ryan won the contest by a landslide. You can read more about the contest here.
From Christmas 2008

Friday morning I went shopping (I don't think I've done this after Christmas shopping before!) It was fun, and I mostly bought things for next Christmas. I am ready to put up my new white tree!!!
That afternoon, the Balcome side of the family came to the Green's.
From Christmas 2008
From Christmas 2008
From Christmas 2008
From Christmas 2008

I offered to make something for the evening, and of course I do what I always do and forgot one key ingredient.
From Christmas 2008
We decorated gingerbread men:
From Christmas 2008
From Christmas 2008

Bella gave dad a bunch of kisses through a plate. Who needs toys?
From Christmas 2008
From Christmas 2008

And we then opened our White Elephant Gifts. The best were the Anti Monkey Butt Powder and the Potty Putter.
And this is probably my fav picture from the holidays. In the rush of everything, my favorite thing to do is watch her. Everyday she is doing new things - growing right before my eyes.
From Christmas 2008
Thanks to my fantastic hubby for taking such awesome pictures.

1 comment:

Kelly Ford said...

I'm super jealous of the white tree you got... i've been wanting one for YEARS!
the pics are great.. and her "dancing hands" are so precious!!!