Monday, November 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 33 weeks

Baby is the size of: Feels like I'm carrying a watermelon.

Symptoms: Waddling. 

Maternity clothes? oh yeah! but my favorite clothes are my pjs. :)

Sleep: Sleeping well at night. I hardly get up for potty breaks, which is a great change from the 2nd trimester that I remember. I am thankful for kiddos that like to sleep, too - for the most part. 

Fun moment(s) this past week: The 3D ultrasound was pretty hard to beat! 

Movement: Huge movements! As I mentioned before, Hallie moved to head down around 31-32 weeks. As of Saturday morning at the 3D ultrasound, she had flipped back to breech. I honestly think she's going back and forth. The movements I feel with her are so much bigger than I felt with my first 2 pregnancies. 

As I am sitting here, in fact, it seriously feels like she is doing flips over and over. It's crazy!

Food cravings: Anything pumpkin. Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin cookies, Pumpkin dip. 

Gender & Name: Hallie still needs a middle name. I just love her first name so much, I forget that she needs a middle one, too! :)

Weight gained: blah blah blah 

Belly Button in or out? Chris told me I have an outie now. I'm not sure it's all the way out, but it's on the verge!

What I am looking forward to: hmmmm... I don't know this week. I'm a bit apprehensive about the holidays this year, just not knowing what to expect or where we'll be- what it will look like. But I love the time of year & decorating, etc. So I am going to try to talk Chris into decorating a lot earlier this year (like now) so we can enjoy it even longer. :) I love my white "girly" tree.

Reflections on the past week: I think I wrote a lot of refections in my last post. Overall, I just feel anxious about the coming weeks and don't see it letting up. I'm trying to "not be anxious for anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." This is so hard to do when I'm in the moment of being anxious or just sad. When I'm sad, it will literally hit me out of nowhere and I can't pinpoint the actual feeling. It's so many feelings! But I find that at the end of a hard day (or almost any day, really), that my girls and my husband are presented to me in such a way that I can't help but just be thankful. They are so stinking sweet and innocent. And Chris was such a servant this week and weekend, when all I wanted to do was NOTHING! :) So although I have times of sadness (some quick, some longer), I go to bed every night truly happy with what I do have. I am not saying all my problems go away at all... but I honestly do feel blessed if it's nothing more than just my family and all the sweet support from friends and even strangers.

(I wrote most of this last night. Then I read a book in bed last night and I started getting all anxious again and it totally spilled over to today. Praying for some of that peace to come back to me...)

Prayer requests: I don't think I've really shared this yet... mostly because like everything else, it's up in the air. But we are aiming for a December 19th induction date. This would be my 39th week. That is 6 weeks away (can you feel my anxiety in that sentence?) :) Of course this is while monitoring Hallie's health and my blood pressure (which has always been fine). My prayer is to make it to the 19th and that I can have a smooth, fast delivery like Farrah's. And for Hallie to stay strong through the whole process. Stay strong, little fighter!

5 comments:

Jill said...

December 19...wow, so soon! Praying for you girl, and excited to see you on the big screen at BC very soon!! I've been reading the book "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow (have I already commented about it here once..wow, I'm losing my mind and may have)..it's been such a powerful read for me. Random, but as I read your thoughts it crossed my mind as a book you may love as well during this season. As always, let me know if I can be of any help!

Emily said...

6 weeks away!!! Ahhh it's so soon!!! I feel stressed too so you're def not alone there :) Praying praying for the 19th to be a wonderful day :)

Douglasfam said...

in my jammies and eating pumpkin bread (that i made just for me!). kindred spirits!
praying for yall all the time katie!
love you! see you thursday!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me. I was reading my sister's blog Nov 1 and decided to go to other blogs she has highlighted. I only picked yours from the list. I have been praying for you. On Nov 3 my husband and I took our son who turned three and our little girl to Northpoint mall and I believe I saw you with your girls and another lady and her daughter at the carousel. You truly are in my daily prayer list. One verse that went through my mind during my sister's delivery was "Be still and know I am God". Please go and meet with some of the nurses from the nursery so they know you before you go. My sister had such trouble with the nurses at the hospital she went to. The nurses had given up on my nephew before he even arrived. He lived on earth for 13 days and now lives on in heaven. God bless and angels lift you.

Anonymous said...

By the way it has been a few years since I have been in Northpoint Mall. God works in mysterious ways!