Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happenings

Oh goodness I am busy.
It's hard to look at what I actually get done during the day and know so. But I know such is this time in my life. I'm sure I'm no different that other mommies! Honestly Farrah keeps me ON MY TOES!

I could blog all day every day on different things, but I can't justify the time spent right now. I love it, but know I can't keep up with it like I want. Sometimes I want a cool blog that people come to for a reason, but I know that's not what I should be doing right now.... anyway, let me tell you some of what we've been up to!!

Bella got her second haircut. She didn't love it, but was a big girl. However, she did LOVE the braid the lady gave her.

I do spend my downtime doing very housekeeper-y stuff. It's kinda funny. But I love doing it. One of those those things I love is reading how to be a better/healthier cook. I've been on a cooking / Betty Crocker / organic / weight watchers kick. I love cooking but I've never been "good" at it. And I like couponing (DORK!) Now I'm trying to figure out meal planning. I know my close friends would find this hard to believe, but I am a planner down deep. This is something I've found, and something I think I can "make myself". In other words, I'll spend too much time trying to figure out how to do it and putting it off, when I should just buy one.

Anyway, these are all things I've done this week and I have LOVED them all!
Zucchini Goat Cheese Penne

Homemade Granola Bars (YUM!!!)

Apples and Sweet Potatoes (YUM, too! And such a healthy side item!!)


We have played with Aunt Melissa and Luci and Eli (the kids she nannies) at Imaginations at Play a few times! Bella likes all the activities, and Farrah can't get enough of the Tub and Bubbles.

Farrah and her "smile" (and I think she could be eating a crayon right here)


Speaking of Melissa, Ryan and Melissa's wedding is March 5th!!! We can't wait. Our bridesmaid and flower girl dresses are in and we are so excited!!

Chris got a new position, and the adjustment to that has also kept us busy. He's loving it; we are so blessed to be at a great church that we ALL love so much! I still enjoy volunteering there and the outlet there to work.

Like I said, I slowly get through a to-do list of things, but mostly I rescue this one. She currently has two bruises on her head and a black eye!


But I swear she's one of the cutest things you'll ever see.

7 comments:

Tara said...

She is for sure the cutest little girl I read about. But I am still secretly hopeing Ramsey and Bella fall in love one day. :)

"GG" said...

I always love your blogging and honesty! Your such a great Mommy and I feel so blessed to know that you are exactly what God wanted for Christopher and you didn't break his heart! I could not have asked for a better Mommy for our beautiful grandchildren! Our family really is blessed beyond measure! Love ya!

kristymasterson said...

I am SO proud of your cooking and meal planning. You are gonna have to share some ideas with me!

The Jacobs Family said...

I agree with GG I love your blogging too! You said you would like a blog that people come to for a reason and we do to see you and your beautiful family and for me to learn more about being a a Mom. You see Katie you are an inspiration as a Mom through your blogging. As you share your daily lives through your blog you touch the lives of others without even knowing it. Love it!

Emily said...

jealous of that imagination play place!!! and of your cooking skills (although I have made the granola bars, they freeze GREAT btw!)

Jill said...

Yum!! Those recipes look so good! Some of us at BC have started using www.plantoeat.com I'm loving it because you can easily share recipes with friends, upload recipes from websites,then just drag them on to your weekly calendar and it pulls your grocery list for you! Anyway, if you ever decide you want to use it let me know so that we can be "friends" on there!

kharner said...

Yeah for all the new food except for the goat cheese part....blech! But way to go Katie!

We too love Imaginations at Play and Logan always goes straight for the tub. Gotta take a change of clothes or 2 when we go. One day gotta try I.N.K.