Sunday, June 29, 2008

Detour in our plans

So, we left Seaside at 10am, and were making great time! We stopped in Newnan for gas and a potty break right before 4pm. When we got a half mile back on the interstate, it stopped. And when I say stopped, I mean three-and-a-half-hours-stopped.
There was a terrible wreck about a mile up ahead, and we sat around with a bunch of car neighbors. There was nothing else to do, so we....

...blew bubbles...



...watched some football games and kids playing...



...watched the south side of the interstate get to move...


...and Morgan and I had a "fiesta".


Oh, and Chris went to use the "facilities" and came back with a huge snapping turtle!

Chris was such a trooper and drove to and from Florida... and he's behind the camera a lot instead of in front of it. He's such a good dad.


Basically anything that kept little Bella happy. She is crawling now, so she's just wanting to move. So we passed her around in the car, listend to AM 750 for updates, walked around in the heat.... then at 7:18, we finally moved!

Wow, who knew that was going to happen! Praise the Lord we weren't in that wreck, but wow... that detour made for some memories!!

(sigh)

5 comments:

gilly said...

That happened to Suzanna Luke and I on a trip to Nashville, TN once in College and sadly we got stopped right near Chatt. and it was before cell phone so I couldnt call my mom to get better directions. We sat there for over 3 hours , but luckily Suzanna had about 15 happy meal toys and she handed them out to the near by kids....oh and Morgan is def. Orange....ha ha...gotta love that chick...( ha ha chicks are yellow and orange....)

morgan collins said...

I'm not orange!:) I'm just very tan.

"GG" said...

Well it says a lot about your character that you could get out and make the most of it...in the heat...cannot say I would have been as happy as you appear to be or should I say making the best of a bad situation! Like you said...more memories! Love ya and thanking God you are back safe and sound! BELLA'S CRAWLING...YEAH!!!!

Nana Julie said...

I love the beach picture! I am just so thankful you were not in the wreck....."we are making memories here!! Enjoy it or else!"

Anonymous said...

You guys have more patience than us. I wish we are at the beach. Bella is crawling...Yeah! Rileigh has not interest.