Monday, September 5, 2011

pregnancy Update - 24 weeks (6 months!)

Baby is the size of: about as long as an ear of corn or banana

Symptoms: about the same

Maternity clothes? yep! i like my new skinny jeans, i just wish maternity pants didn't have to be pulled up every 1.5 seconds. maybe i should try suspenders. ha!

Sleep: overall, sleeping pretty well. last night - not so much. i have no idea why, but i had so many dreams that kept waking me up. some bad, some just strange. i had a dream (it was a good dream) that we had Hallie and she looked just like Farrah.

Fun moment(s) this past week: the wedding this weekend was fun. the reception was super nice and we kept the girls there until like 10:30? dancing! i will never forget Farrah dancing. Girl has some rhythm!! Bella did great as the flower girl. Chris looked super nice in his bow tie tux. And I did a reading in the wedding and didn't mess up. And the girls stayed pretty quiet during the ceremony. So all was well. :)

Movement: Still mostly at night and morning is when i notice the most. i don't think i sit still long enough to notice other times. oh my goodness these two girls at home keep me ON MY FEET!!

Food cravings: nothing specific.

Gender & Name: Hallie (not to be confused with the name Haley)

Weight gained: i don't know! guess i'll find out before my glucose test on the 16th. i could probably afford to run a couple of laps. if i ran.

Belly Button in or out? i noticed today that it's getting pretty flat.

What I am looking forward to: celebrating a couple of friends with baby showers this week and weekend. 

Reflections on the past week: I am doing ok emotionally. It's just a HARD waiting game right now. I feel like we are in a good place (emotionally) after knowing the news for over 10 weeks. But I know it will be a different and more challenging ballgame when she gets here. And ... we don't know when that will be. So I'm trying to find the line between preparing and over preparing. Between wanting control and giving up control to God. Because there is only so much we can do to prepare. We don't know what road God will take us down. We can't know every little thing wrong with her and have a set plan for proceeding. So I am just trying to prepare and learn what I can, then rely on God and asking for clarity for the rest. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE your new header picture! Too precious! So the girls did okay being up that late? Kye's going to be a ring bearer in my SIL's wedding in March and I wondered if I should keep him up for the whole reception since he's IN the wedding or if I should have someone go back and put him to bed :) I think ahead haha. I LOVE the name Hallie btw...I know ppl will mispronounce it but it's an ADORABLE name!!!

Chelsie said...

i love you so much.