Monday, October 31, 2011

pregnancy Update - 32 weeks (8 months!)

Baby is the size of: She should be about the weight of a small cabbage. :) Crazy - babycenter.com says she now has fingernails, toenails and a respectable amount of hair or peach fuzz. For some reason, I haven't looked at these growth things weekly like I used to with Bella & Farrah. So to read that, I was somewhat surprised and it reminded me that we don't have too much longer to go...

Also, I don't think I've mentioned before, but I have a two-vessel umbilical cord (normal is 3), so really this just means babies usually are smaller because of this. It can happen in any pregnancy, but is common with Trisomy 13.

Symptoms: Walking around like I'm 80 years old, sore hips when I wake up or sit down for a while, heartburn (but goes away so fast with Tums!)

Maternity clothes? Yes. Every once in a while, I can throw in a non-maternity shirt to break up the rotation of maternity clothes.

Sleep: Sleeping well at night. I try to rest and sometimes nap during the day. It helps so much!

Fun moment(s) this past week: No big events this past week. I enjoyed a hair appt & a date night with my hubby, though!

Movement: She is a MOVER! I can't wait to kiss those little feet that kick me all day.

Food cravings:  Glad today is Halloween and this candy is leaving!!

Gender & Name: Hallie

Weight gained: I should gain about 1 lb a week now, with half of that going to Hallie. I have a doctor appt Wednesday to see where I am. yahoo.

Belly Button in or out? still in, barely. :)

What I am looking forward to: A 3D ultrasound on Saturday!

Reflections on the past week: Up and down. And I don't mean that when I'm down I'm crying. It could just manifest in being in a mood and usually comes with being frustrated with having a strong willed & energetic 2 & 4 year old. This would happen without the stress of this pregnancy, but it takes me longer to get out of the funk maybe? I don't know... I've never had a 2 & 4 year old before :) All I know is I get in a rut when my body feels like it's 80 years old & I can't get all accomplished that I want. But as soon as the girls go down at night or when they spend the night at one of the grandparents, I miss the heck out of them!! I swear I have the sweetest girls. They are at such fun ages, I just have to remember that and not be so short with them on my bad moments...

Prayer requests: Again, that we can meet Hallie and spend as much time with her as possible - and that all of those moments would just be as blessed and precious as I hear they are. We have NO idea what our outcome will be. The spectrum is so large and we really won't know until she gets here how she will do. Her body works well in utero, we just have to wait and see how she does when she gets here. Doesn't that sound crazy? Not to have any control over it? That is hard for me, as a woman - I like control! Many days, there is actually freedom in not having control. Who am I kidding, anyway? I've never "really" had control of anything. It's all in God's hands. That is a cool thing and slightly terrifying at the same time. So we just have to plan as best we can with all sorts of possible outcomes.
So we just pray for clarity for decisions when we do actually go into labor. I am not good at making decisions (indecisive should be my middle name), so I just want to feel at the end of the day, we made all the BEST decisions for Hallie that we could. We feel like we are in great hands after meeting with the neonatologist and palliative care team last week and that is a huge relief.

2 comments:

GG said...

The most wonderful thing about God is that HE not only hears and sees your heart...HE holds your precious child, Hallie in HIS Hands. I've always been told HE loves us and our children more than we could possibly hope or image to love them, so we chose to trust HIM with our precious ones. I chose to believe HIS will be done and HIS choice for Hallie will serve HIS purpose for her life just as HIS will for Bella and Farrah! To God be the Glory! We love you all so much!

Anonymous said...

My naphew was born one year ago. Diagnosis trisomy 13. The most beautiful thing was when he took his first breath and opened his eyes. God even allowed him to make a joyful newborn baby noise. I pray you to receive this experience. As husband and wife you look like a great team. I also will pray for your children through this time. God bless.