Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mama

My mama's birthday was Saturday. With all the business of the weekend and her get together, I haven't been able to sit down to write a nice post about her.

This was her big 5-0! And it fell the day before mother's day this year. Some years it falls on the same day. She probably feels jipped by that in a way. But I think it is fitting. This mother's day, I had a whole new prespective on the celebration of her. Wow. That's all I can say for raising 4 of us. Bella is such a joy, but it's hard work. And to know she did it with such grace for me, Ryan, Keegan and Chelsie is amazing. Now I have a glimpse of how much she loves us.

Here is a shot of 4 generations! Aren't my Grandmother and Mother so beautiful?


The 11th (Mother's Day) was my aunt Kristy's (mom's sister!) birthday! This is at my cousins wedding a few days before Bella was born:


The two of them talked me into painting Bella's room during my 37th week of pregnancy. I am so glad they did! And to top it off, they did all the work!!



I love you mom, and I hope your birthday and first Mother's Day weekend as a Grandmother was wonderful!



Thanks for all you did for me growing up - giving birth, feedings late at night, wiping my nose, holding me tight, teaching me to laugh, being the team mom/classroom mom and PTA President for us all, for bringing me things to school that I left ALL the time, letting me get a perm when I didn't need one in 7th grade, checking me out when I didn't feel good or didn't have something that was due!, letting me do fun paint jobs to my room, going to the end of the world to find the "perfect" prom or homecoming dress every year, paying for gymnastic lessons (and taking me to them) for years for a backhandspring I used once a year, for the Local Motion Honda, helping me thru college, planning a beautiful wedding, for loving Chris, and loving Dad.

I love you more than I could ever tell you!

1 comment:

Nana Julie said...

I can't imagine my life spent any other way. I am so blessed. Thank you for your love...